Asthma attacks affect 300 million people worldwide, being one of the main causes of absenteeism from work and school.
What is asthma and its crisis?
Asthma is the result of chronic inflammation of the airways and obstructs the bronchi, causing difficulty breathing; this difficulty can vary in degree of intensity and frequency, causing asthma attacks.
It is important to note that asthma attacks only occur in asthmatics.
Asthma attacks affect 300 million people worldwide, being a major cause of absenteeism from work and school.
In the last 20 years we have seen an increasing number of people affected by asthma attacks due to:
- A better and faster diagnosis.
- Increased air pollution.
- Changes in housing pollutants (cleaning products with many chemicals).
- Dietary changes (abandonment of the Mediterranean diet).
- Genetic predisposition.
- A further increase in allergies.
What factors can trigger a crisis?
- Viral or bacterial infections.
- Presence of allergens (pets, dust mites …).
- Immunological mechanisms.
- Occupational asthma.
- Allergy to dairy.
What are the main symptoms?
- Irritative cough and / or dried.
- chest tightness.
- Cyanosis (bluish discoloration of the skin own lack of oxygen).
- Wheezing (whistling in the chest).
- Shortness of breath (this may vary in degree of intensity).
- It draws attention to all the sinking of ribs and breathing quickly.
- Bellyache (due to the need to use the abdominal muscles to fill his lungs).
You may also like to read another article on BestAntiBiotic: Headache, toothache, back pain, menstrual pain, fever and soreness: Painkillers such use?
Since the natural point of view, I can do something to avoid or lengthen the period between asthma attacks?
- Vitamin C: asthma attacks and low levels of vitamin often go together (according toa 1995 study).
- Magnesium muscle relaxant and anti-spasmodic so it is useful in asthma attacks.
- Vitamin B6: reduce breathing difficulties and asthma attacks.
- L-Theanine: relaxing effect.
- Bromelain: anti-mucolytic and anti-spasmodic.
- Cayenne: its active ingredient, capsaicin is able to prevent an asthma attack.
Acupuncture has proven to be really effective.
From the point of TCM we will find 2 types of asthma:
- Failure: tonificaremos P. and B.
- Excess: as is wind-cold, wind-heat. Expel wind and remove heat or cold, as appropriate.
The therapist should seek the signs and symptoms and diagnosis proceed to acupuncture and / or moxa.
While homeopathy is an individual and evolutionary treatment, these remedies have been proven effective in the treatment of asthma.
- Arsenicum Album: person of slender build, crises are more frequent at night.
- Kalium Carbonicum: person of strong constitution and / or thick, the crisis appears dry cough and little expectoration, accompanied by pains in lungs and chest with difficulty breathing and tachycardia effort.
- Ipecac: accompanied by violent coughing crisis, mucus in bronchi.
- Magnesia Muriata: when the proximity of the sea aggravates the crisis.
What I can do to avoid asthma attacks and / or be spaced in time?
- Weight control, as more weight increases the severity of asthma, there is a relationship between BMI and more severe asthma.
- Avoid taking preservatives (some can trigger asthma attacks), decapitate fresh and organic food.
- Do not smoke.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Make proper exercise on a daily basis.
- Avoid milk, this stimulates overproduction of mucus in the airways.
- It is usually advised not to have pets at home and if you have never sleep with them.
- Avoid taking meat, decapitate vegetables and fruits.
- Very rare environments loaded smoke or toxic.
- Avoid taking supplements containing tryptophan, Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that can cause broncho constriction.
- oil always takes 1st cold pressing (Some of the fatty acids are essential for the formation of antibodies).
Tricks Grandmother work for asthma attacks
- Potent hot compresses castor oil or onion on lung region, reduce mucus and improve breathing.
- A ginger tea with a spoonful of honey, is expectorant and help you feel better.
- Do yourself a chest massage with sage essential oil / eucalyptus / marjoram / pine / rosemary alone or mixed, inflammable and make you feel better.
- Become this homemade syrup: Several heads of garlic and boil them in water, then add organic apple vinegar and three tablespoons of thyme or orange blossom honey, take a cup every day.