The turmeric is a key ingredient in Indian culture and other Asian countries. But in addition to its use in cooking, turmeric has an important role in the natural alternative medicine. It is said that the turmeric juice can give us over 300 antioxidants, as well as many other nutrients.
Juice of turmeric for a healthy life
From the roots of the turmeric plant, we can get a medicinal drink effective. These roots have a bitter taste and slightly spicy, similar to raw ginger. Although we can use it dry, the best of turmeric juice is obtained from the roots of the fresh plant.
Before using it to make juice, thoroughly washed the pieces of root.
Benefits of turmeric juice
- Patients with gallstones should avoid taking turmeric, among other things, for its anticoagulant effects.
- To lessen the pain caused by arthritis, turmeric possesses a compound called curcumin. This substance has good anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- These turmeric active ingredients work better than classical anti-inflammatory drugs.
- In addition to the pain caused by arthritis, the turmeric juice is also effective against inflammation caused by this disease.
- The turmeric juice is also good for combating other symptoms related to rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, etc.
- The juice of turmeric regulates sugar levels in the blood, so it is a good natural remedy for people suffering from diabetes.
Turmeric is ultimately very useful in the treatment of heartburn, as protection against the excess toxins, psoriasis, damaged skin, depression, etc. It is also effective to combat aging and improve liver health.
A natural anti-cancer
The turmeric juice also has properties to prevent the proliferation of cancer cells. The curcumin eliminates free radicals, to minimize the damage that can receive the cell membranes.
By doing so you can prevent some cancers, such as prostate, breast, lung, liver, skin, and even colon cancer.
The turmeric juice is also very useful in preventing Alzheimer’s disease. As we know, this terrible disease causes a gradual loss of memory, and thanks to its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric can block the COX-2 enzyme, responsible for neuronal inflammation.
Consume turmeric juice also provides an improvement in oxygen to the brain, which helps to slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
You may also like to read another article on BestAntiBiotic: Juice to reduce appetite
How to prepare the juice of turmeric
Turmeric can be taken in powder or juice. In the kitchen, you can add to soups, tea, smoothies, milk, bread, rice, sweets, etc. Among the many recipes for turmeric juice healthy and rich in nutrients, Granny chose the following.
- 5 pieces of turmeric root (12 cm)
- 5 peeled tamarind
- 500 ml of water
- The juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons honey (50 g)
- A strainer, a blender, a bottle
First peel the turmeric root: use gloves because your hands may become yellow. Open the tamarind and remove its internal roots, then filled a bowl with water and place the peeled turmeric until done.
In water also put the peeled tamarind, cooking until the consistency will be similar to jam.
Then take the cooked turmeric with a little of its water and shake it, then add the tamarind, squeeze the lemons and add the juice, then add a little honey to sweeten.
Put everything in the bottle in the refrigerator, making it rest for at least three or four days. With this turmeric juice will be able to enrich smoothies, soups, creams, etc.
Drink turmeric juice in the morning on an empty stomach is beneficial to all. However, some people may have stomach problems and so you should take it in moderation, because, in excess, this juice can cause stomach ulcers.Tags: turmeric juice