Dependence on food – strange sounds, because the main purpose of a meal – to give the opportunity to survive. But, besides the fact that we get from the food necessary for the survival of energy, food brings us pleasure. For pleasure centers that are located in the brain, the food can have effects in something akin to a narcotic. That is, create a higher level of motivation to eat food that is much higher than normal.
According to recent studies, the excessive use of a separate food is a pathological addiction – is sugar and salt, some fat and flour products. In recent decades, the consumption of these products has increased significantly, which allowed to talk about the increasing incidence of occurrence of food addiction.
What are its symptoms?
– Increase the use of food for quite a long time;
– Increased tendency to use certain products in ever increasing numbers. A sign of tolerance has evolved significantly recognized when a person says that, compared with other people consume much more food;
– Feelings of anxiety and even panic attacks occurring against the backdrop of famine;
– The person concerned the acquisition of the desired product, thereby making it less socially active;
– Execution of unsuccessful attempts to get rid of overeating through a variety of diets;
– Reluctance to give up their eating habits, despite the many problems, usually accompanied by food addiction (e.g. diabetes, obesity).
You may also like to read another article on BestAntiBiotic: Orange Juice: Why does so well?
How to deal with food addiction?
The goal of treatment is to restore the lost control over the activities of think tanks. Assuming at the presence of food addiction be sure to consult with an experienced dietitian or psychologist. Keep in mind that this disease is not hopeless, but it requires professional assistance.
The following steps will certainly help you to get rid of their addiction:
– Balanced diet, necessary to detoxify the body;
– Complete the removal of stimuli, that is, foods that you tend to overeat;
– Compliance with the regular diet (3 meals and 2 snacks);
– Communicating with people who have the same problem, it helps to cope with addiction;
– Logging, which entered all eaten per day;
– Control of Stress, it nedopuskanie;
– Regular physical activity promotes weight loss;
– The gradual return to a normal way of life, which was before the rise of food addiction.
Of course, losing weight at the same time is not an end in itself the ultimate treatment, but rather helps to regain control over their eating behavior.Tags: food addiction