It hurts sugar, much more harm than what most people think. Although today they often speak, the attention that we give to this food is much less than that given to other food categories such as fats and proteins that, compared to sugars, not only are less harmful but even indispensable in the right doses.
The reason for this neglect is very simple: the cake like pretty much everyone, helping to make it less bitter life and assume it does not feel bad about the world and animals. The perfect friend, but unfortunately only in appearance. In fact, these factors that we make it seem cute and harmless make all the more serious the damage that causes the excessive intake of various sugars and refined grains.
In fact, these foods …
- Raise your blood sugar
- Forcing the pancreas to produce large amounts of insulin
- Over time contribute to insulin resistance (a vicious circle where the excess insulin bad runs and so it is always produced more until you get to diabetes)
- Increase the risk of overweight, obesity, diabetes and diseases including heart attack, cancer, and even Alzheimer.
- They are responsible for a process called glycation that accelerates aging deteriorating the structure of body protein.
But sugary foods have an action that goes far beyond the purely metabolic. Favoring the release of large amounts of dopamine in the brain, they satisfy us and make us happy but at the same time tend to make us slaves and employees of continuous intake. Are foods that more than any other influence on our daily behavior …
The differences between the various types of sugars are illusory: they are all potentially harmful. Equally illusory are unfortunately many pseudo-healthy recipes that do not give up sugar because it would not be good enough; are usually stuffed with healthful ingredients in an effort to really disguise that one flaw that makes the difference: the grams of sugar in fact.
The only way to really protect yourself is to exercise vigorously a series of linked decisions and carry them out long enough, let’s see some:
- Decide that sweet things become exceptions to savor with taste only on special occasions
- Decide that the special occasions should not be more than 1 time a week
- Decide to eliminate the use of sugar daily as what you put in coffee, croissants, juices, soft drinks, alcohol
- Decide that your sweet newspaper is given by a couple of good fruit and seasonal hired maybe as a snack mid-morning and afternoon
- You decide to get used to your thoughts to seek sweetness in other things in life especially in the affection of others
- I decide to devote time to learn at least a relaxation technique that helps to reduce the stress in your life and then the search for sugar. For example, they are useful biofeedback, mindfulness meditation and yoga
- Decide that you’re stronger, you do not need sugar because you have energy to spare
You may also like to read another article on BestAntiBiotic: Symptoms of food addiction and how to fight it
As with any change, if it exceeds a threshold time of about two months, it will become automatic. In other words, the effort that requires early action diminishes over time with exposure because the body and mind get used to the new condition and it becomes obvious to the person who is able to live well in the new environment. In general, they arrived to the automatic, not to adopt the new behavior more tiring psychologically that adopt it. For example, in those over the rock, the idea of putting sugar in your coffee creates more noise than the bitter drink. This is not a miracle, the innate personal taste, of luck or genetics but simply the habits that everyone can adopt the right strategy.
In addition to strategic decisions mentioned above, to change always serves achievement, called in technical terms “corrective emotional experience”. It is a moment in which, in a kind of stroke, a person realizes that the effort to remain as it exceeds that required to change. Sometimes it’s a real experience, others simply for a change of perspective that lets you see the problem from another point.
Reflect for a moment: What sacrifice today is really much respect to health you have tomorrow? Prefer to remain at the mercy of the current, weak, dependent on food or other vices which compensate what is missing in life or you roll up your sleeves and victim become a leader?
You prefer to imagine as a drifting raft or as a rock able to break the waves and overcome every storm unscathed?
Answer truthfully the questions and keep in mind that seemingly distant images are metaphors that help us to reflect on our lives from different points of view. Sometimes this is enough to take a series of key decisions to build the new version of ourselves.Tags: say no to sugar, sugar