The knees are a delicate part of our body that often causes us pain because of various reasons. Follow a few rules can help to ward off this annoying disorder.
According to the National Center for Health Statistics, the pain in your knees well affects 20% of American adults that define this disease as chronic. Doctors claim that it is possible to be able to have maximum control over the pain and, as you can manage back pain, to alleviate the symptoms, you can do the same for knee pain.
This body has five different areas that may be subject to the occurrence of painful symptoms. For each of these there are specific treatments, but remember that if the pain occurs for a long time is very important to consult a doctor for an accurate diagnosis.
Knees: Learn to know
Let’s meet the five areas of which make up the knees…
- The area one is the one that is located inside of the knee, known as the medial meniscus. If the pain is located here, it may have been caused by a payment to the muscle or ligament, but you could also treat bursitis or arthritis. For confirmation, however, you are always required a thorough medical examination.
- The second area is the one that is located on the outer side of the knee, known by the name of lateral meniscus and. Even in this case, it can be caused by payment of muscles, ligaments or arthritis. When pain is present in this area it could also refer to the runner’s syndrome, a typical lesion of those who practice a lot of the race.
- The number three area is one that is located above the patella, at the height of the quadriceps. Just tendinitis linked to these muscles can be the cause of pain in this area of the knee. Injury or irritation of this area are related to tension, irritation or injury to the tendon or quadriceps. It presents with pain, weakness and joint swelling.
- The fourth area is below the kneecap. When it presents here the pain may be of the jumper’s knee syndrome, which can be caused by excessive jumps, as usually occurs for athletes. Even bursitis, arthritis syndrome may be the cause of painful sensations in this area.
- The patella is the five area of the knee. Even in this case, the arthritis is a possible cause of the pain, but may be also the runner’s knee; this originates due to the irritation at the point where the kneecap rests on the femur. The pain may present as sudden and strong, or less intense but chronic.
You may also like to read another article on BestAntiBiotic: Avoid heel strike while running: How to improve your running technique for the challenge of running 5 kilometers?
How to fight the pain in the knee?
Now that we know a little ‘best areas of which make up our knees, we see how to fight the pain that sometimes hits them. The first remedy is more classic: rest. The Dr. Robert Gotlin states such as RICE therapy is the cornerstone of the health of our body. R is just to rest, which should be the main care to practice as long as the knee does not deflate or the pain is less intense; a week is the right time.
I care RICE is that of ice. When the knee is swollen, apply ice to the area will slow down the inflammation.
The letter C, compression bandage or better informs us that applying a bandage, is elastic fixed can benefit joint pain.
The last letter is E, elevation, which indicates how important it is to place the aching limb in an elevated position. The Dr. Scott Walthour states that raise the leg up to the height of the heart allows the liquid that has accumulated in the knee to regain circulation in the body, avoiding stagnation. Even the typical sore knee feeling that the pulsing will decrease.
Other important rules to follow for the knee-being are:
- Maintain constant weight. In fact, being overweight will excessively load on the knees.
- Do some ‘of exercise to strengthen and keep the leg and knee muscles in training.
- If knee pain is really unbearable you can try the acupuncture.
- Hard Keep your butt and walking are not going to press too hips, knees and ankles.
- Always use comfortable shoes. The stiletto heels for example are not the right footwear to use if you suffer from knee problems.