It is statistically demonstrated that accidents occur for the most part at home, often due to inattention or negligence.
To avoid nasty accidents in the home, you need to prevent accidents, carrying out their activities in complete safety.
At home, it is essential to have a first aid kit, which often can make a difference and prevent aggravation of an injury. In today’s article, we show you some rules to prevent accidents at home and we indicate you which sanitary items should be part of your kit.
How to put the first aid kit
The first aid kit is essential in case of minor injuries, so it is not necessary the intervention. Small cuts, scrapes or bruises are just a few light injuries that may occur in the home.
Children are often suffers at these injuries, sometimes even adults, perhaps during some routine activities or in the kitchen. Intervene correctly and quickly with the right dressing articles can avoid the occurrence of infections or complications, but especially accelerates the healing process.
A good first aid kit consists of these health articles …
- Disposable gloves: Useful to significantly decrease the risk of infections due to hygiene, as they prevent direct contact between the wound and the hands in which there may be germs and bacteria.
- Antiseptic non-alcoholic: This product is used to sanitize their hands before working. You can find it is in liquid form that wipes comfortable.
- Cotton wool: Essential to the first aid kit is the product that should be used to disinfect wounds together to hydrogen peroxide.
- Sanitizer is indicated to disinfect the wound and prevent infection. It should be used together with cotton wool.
- Saline: Recommended for sore throat, cough or generally, for minor ailments airway, this solution is used with spray.
- Sterile gauze: The basic product of every first aid kit that respects, the gauzes are used to protect medicate wounds, protecting them from external agents.
- Plasters: As for the gauze, even the patches must always be present in the kit, preferably of different sizes.
- Tweezers: If you had entered a thorn or a splinter in your finger, how could you do to remove it? Tweezers are what you need.
- Scissors: To cut the gauze, bandages and plasters.
- Plaster roll: To be used in case of larger wounds than classical patches, but also to stabilize the bandages of the dressing.
- Thermometer: The market you can find different types of thermometers. Whatever type you have purchased, you need to have it available to measure body temperature.
- Of instant ice pack: Indicated for prompt action on bruises, sprains or falls, the ice prevents the formation of obvious swelling or bruising.
- Elastic bandages: They are useful once the dressing and ended, because they are pointed to keep it firm and stable.
Do not ever forget to always check the expiration date of the products used and always keep updated your kit by purchasing individual products once finished.
You may also like to read another article on BestAntiBiotic: The advice of naturopathy for healthy skin!
How to prevent injuries in the home?
The subjects generally at greater risk of accidents in the home are the housewives (because of the many activities that take place), the elderly and the disabled and children. To significantly reduce the risk of injury we recommend that you reduce the contexts in which they may occur.
For example, the use of non-stick carpets especially in the bathroom and out of the shower, can really save your life, avoiding abrupt fall and headshots. Always check that the ornamental carpets are always in the correct position places, so as to avoid tripping over them above.
Pay attention to fluids in the earth or wet floors, oily liquids that can hinder your walk. In this case clean promptly, do not let pass time because you risk to forget about. Keep away from carpets, upholstery heaters, or other heat sources, do not use faulty electrical tools and never bring them closer to the water.Tags: First aid, First aid dressing