If the holidays this year have left you a few extra kilos you want to remove to a good start the New Year, we leave 11 changes you can make in your diet to say goodbye to the extra kilos Christmas without neglecting health.
Diet, key to preventing and reversing weight gain
It is at this time of year we usually catch more weight, even when it comes to holidays and short periods of physical exercise is preserved, so it is the largest energy consumption responsible for extra kilos at this time.
Although it is the diet causes weight gain, it is also the key to reversing the same and some changes we can implement are:
- Incorporate water – rich foods such as soups, jellies, fresh fruits and vegetables, which reduce caloric density. So we eat equal amount with fewer calories and do so, we will help to achieve weight reduction due to the energy deficit is promoted. Achieve a lower caloric density is key to satiate and lose kilos.
- Eating foods rich in fiber that promote satiety by slowing the digestive work and require more chewing time. In addition, they can also reduce the calorie density of the diet. Achieve a consumption of 30 grams of fiber daily can be enough to lose weight so we recommend include vegetables, fruits and various vegetables, whole grains, nuts and seeds.
- It includes lean protein to your diet through foods such as egg whites, legumes, low – fat and low-fat dairy white fish or meat. These encourage satiety and metabolism being much help to lose weight.
- Choose foods and / or hard preparations that can reduce by up to 13% of calories consumed to require more chewing time, delay time meals and promote satiety.
- Eat slowly to promote satiety with less food intake. A slower consumption significantly reduces caloric intake to the body.
You may also like to read another article on BestAntiBiotic: The importance of a correct food combination
- Use smaller plates and spoons helps to eat less and therefore can be a great resource to lose extra kilos this season without feeling too much reduction of food consumed.
- Avoid eating foods hand, it favors rapid and uncontrolled intake while using covered helps us to reduce the time of a meal, promotes record of what enters the body and thus helps us eat less.
- Eat plate and serve in individual portions is of much help to control the amount consumed. If we take a complete preparation to the table or we eat cookies of its container, surely we will eat more than if we serve a serving in a plate.
- Soup or salad starter can provide satiety with few calories preparations for being low in calorie density. Drinking soup before meal may reduce by up to 20% calorie intake thereof.
- Choose water as usual drink to promote proper hydration and also prevent thirst that can be confused with hunger. The water does not add calories and replacing other sugary drinks can help you lose weight, as consumed before meals.
- Avoid processed foods and include more fresh foods that have higher water content, improved nutritional quality and fewer empty calories than processed that can harm health and encourage an addictive consumption.
Here are 11 changes you can make in your diet to say goodbye to the extra kilos Christmas and start the new year with a more nutritious and balanced diet.